Lake in the Hills Immigration Attorney | Immigration Lawyers | Lake in the Hills, IL
Why O'Flaherty Law for My Immigration Matter?
- Excellent Client Service in Your Native Language! We offer a team of interpreters that will ensure that you completely understand your options and rights. Our Lake in the Hills business attorneys will communicate with you in your native language, providing customer service that will exceed your expectations. You can reach us on nights and weekends, will promptly return all phone calls and e-mails, and will affirmatively work to keep you informed of every development in your case. Check out these testimonials from satisfied clients. Because of the overwhelmingly positive response from our clients we received the 2016 Avvo Client's Choice Award. We also have never received a BBB complaint and have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We Are Knowledgeable and Great at What We Do! Before teaming up with O'Flaherty Law, Reese Krajniak owned her own practice focusing exclusively on immigration work. We are delighted that Reese has brought her expertise to our firm. Reese along with our team of experienced Lake in the Hills immigration attorneys have the skills and cutting-edge knowledge to put into action every legal strategy to achieve your family's goals.
- We are Comprehensive! Your immigration matter may require expertise in other areas of law like family law, adoption, business representation, or estate planning. Our Lake in the Hills attorneys have experience in nearly every area of law, our attorneys will collaborate on your case as necessary, you will receive the best advice and representation possible regardless of the complexity of your case.
- We are Cost Effective We proudly offer affordable rates. We conveniently offer Budget-friendly flat fees for many of our immigration services. If a flat fee is not appropriate for your case, we work efficiently to accomplish your goals in a cost-effective manner. We inform you at the outset of your case what to expect from a cost perspective, we will never surprise you with a legal bill!
Please contact our Lake in the Hills immigration attorneys today to schedule a free consultation:
We are happy to meet with you at our Lake in the Hills office, our other convenient locations in Downers Grove, Naperville and Elmhurst.
We are also happy to speak to you by phone or at any other location in Illinois convenient to you.
If you fear persecution in your home country, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency through Asylum. The United States offers Affirmative Asylum or Defensive Asylum. Asylum may be provided if you have fears of being oppressed based on race, ethnicity, or nationality. Oppression may also occur through religious beliefs, political opinions, or social group status.
Learn more about how to apply for asylum.
Lake in the hills Asylum Lawyer
Lake in the Hills Immigration attorney, Kevin O'Flaherty, explains how to apply for asylum.
How Can I Become A U.S. Citizen?
You can become a U.S. Citizen in one of three ways. They can be born in the United States, being born to a U.S. Citizen, or through the naturalization process
What Is The Naturalization Process?
After entering the United States legally and living here for at least 5 years (or 3 years if you are the spouse of a citizen), you may apply for naturalization based on the following requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You can read and write English;
- You demonstrate good moral character; and
- You have an allegiance to the United States
- The right to vote in elections;
- The right to hold public office;
- The right to obtain employment with the U.S. government;
- The right to a U.S. passport; and
- The ability to sponsor your family members for legal status in the U.S.
Our Lake in the hills Immigration Attorneys Will Work With You To File The Appropriate Visa Petition For Your Situation
Our capable Lake in the Hills immigration attorneys will help you obtain an immigrant visa to remain in the U.S. permanently, or a non-immigrant visa to allow you to work in the U.S. temporarily.
- Specialty Occupation Visas (H-1B): If you work in a highly specialized profession, our Lake in the Hills immigration attorneys will work with you and your employer to file a petition on your behalf for an H-1B work visa.
- Temporary Work Permits: Temporary work permits will allow you to obtain employment in the United States.
- Educational/Student Visas (F-1/J-1/M-1): A non-immigrant student visa will allow you to temporarily remain in the United States for the purpose of obtaining an education. After you complete your education, our Lake in the Hills Immigration attorneys will assist you in remaining in America via a temporary work permit.
- Trader/Investor Visas (E-1/E-2): If your country of origin has a commerce treaty with the United States, our Lake in the Hills immigration attorneys can assist you in obtaining an E-1 or E-2 visa so that you can travel to America for trading or investment purposes.
Lake in the hills Immigration Removal Attorney
The citizenship interview is a major piece in the naturalization process. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will interview you, our Lake in the Hills Immigration lawyers will make sure you are at ease about this situation by preparing you for this interview. We will educate you about what you may be asked. We will be there for you every step of the way, we will help you obtain citizenship.
Our Lake in the Hills Immigration Attorneys Will Help You Obtain Your Green Card!
Our Lake in the Hills attorneys will keep your loved ones together, we will use our resources and extensive knowledge to help you fill out family-based visas. This may include fiancée and marriage visas, visas for siblings, parents, extended family members, visa lottery and re-entry visas.
We will look at your situation from every aspect to best help your family and loved ones in filling out petitions for green cards. After reviewing your situation, we will determine which green card application is right for you. We will stand by you throughout the entire process.