Our Downers Grove business and corporate attorneys at O'Flaherty Law provide personalized and comprehensive representation for your corporation, LLC, partnership, or sole proprietorship.We can help you choose the appropriate corporate entity; set up and maintain your corporation or LLC; draft bylaws, operating agreements, and partnership agreements; draft employee contracts and independent contractor agreements; and negotiate commercial leases, asset purchase agreements, and stock purchase agreements. We can also help you prepare your employee handbook and ensure compliance with state and federal employment regulations. Because we have several attorneys on staff with different areas of focus, we can represent you in dispute resolution, collection, and litigation; personal and corporate debt workouts and bankruptcies; and estate planning and exit strategies. In addition to legal representation, we offer business coaching and consulting as well as networking events and speaking opportunities.
Please contact our friendly
Downers Grove Incorporation, LLCs & Corporate Law Attorneys
at our nearest location to schedule a free consultation:
See below for our other locations. If our office locations are not convenient for you, we are happy to speak with you by phone.
Kevin O'Flaherty was instrumental during the purchase process of my new house. I highly recommend him and the entire firm!
An excellent client experience, I recommend O'Flaherty Law to all of my clients that have a need for consultation in family law.
Kevin O'Flaherty oversees all legal matters and is actively involved in making sure every client's case, big or small, is handled with excellence and attention to detail. He is available to contact through phone and email and his rates are available upon request.
Downers Grove LLC attorney Kevin O'Flaherty of O'Flaherty Law discusses the 11 situations in which you should consult your Downers Grove corporation attorney, including: (1) Incorporation; (2) Annual Reports; (3) Employees; (4) Contracts; (5) Investor Agreements; (6) Trademark and Copyright Applications; (7) Dispute Resolution, Litigation & Collection; (8) Solutions for Distressed Businesses; (9) Exit Strategies; (10) Estate Planning; (11) Business Consulting
In this article, our Downers Grove corporate lawyers discuss situations in which you should consult your corporation's attorney. One of the most important things an attorney can do for a business owner is to eliminate “unknown unknowns.” During the life-cycle of a business, there are 11 inflection points where business owners should consult with their attorneys.
(1) Incorporation – Before you open your bank account and start doing business, your attorney can help you:
(2) Annual Maintenance – If you do not properly maintain the corporate formalities for your entity, the corporation or LLC will not be effective as a liability shield. Your attorney can help you:
(3) Employees – Before you hire your first employee, you should meet with your attorney to make sure you are legally protected from future employee issues. He or she will also teach you about the advantages and disadvantages of structuring the agreement as an independent contractor. Your attorney can help you prepare:
(4) Contracts - Any time you do significant business with a third party, you should have a written contract to avoid future disputes. Contracts that you should have your attorney draft or review include:
(5) Investor Agreements – If you need capital for growth and are looking to bring in additional investors, your attorney will prepare a stock purchase agreement and prospectus.
(6) Trademark and Copyright Applications – Got a good idea or logo? Make sure that it stays yours by filing a trademark or copyright application.
(7) Dispute Resolution, Litigation & Collection - If you have a dispute with an employee, a customer, or a vendor, a good attorney will work to settle the dispute without litigation. If litigation or collection become necessary, your attorney should always have an eye toward minimizing your expense while aggressively advocating on your behalf.
(8) Solutions for Distressed Businesses – If your business is in distress, your attorney can help you formulate a comprehensive strategy to either get your business back on track or start over with a clean slate, by:
(9) Exit Strategies - When you are ready to move on to your next venture, your attorney will help you formulate an exit strategy. This may include:
(10) Estate Planning – You have worked hard to build your business. Your attorney will help you make sure that your assets are protected from:
(11) Business Consulting – O’Flaherty Law, unlike most law firms, offers business coaching and consulting services. We can help you navigate the processes of getting your business established, systematized, efficient, and growing.
Dowenrs Grove incorporation attorney Kevin O'Flaherty of O'Flaherty Law discusses why it makes sense to hire an attorney to set up your corporation or LLC. (1)Ensure that you are selecting the most advantageous and proper corporate entity. (2) Ensure that corporate formalities are maintained. (3) Ensure that you are registered with the required government agencies. (4) Advise you on tax issues and file necessary paperwork. (5) Build a relationship for your future business needs.
Our Downers Grove incorporation lawyers explain why you should work with a corporate attorney when incorporating your business. The first step in launching your business is incorporating. You should have your corporate form in place before opening a bank account, cutting any checks, or signing any contracts. There are two primary reasons to incorporate your business:
Downers Grove LLC lawyer Kevin O'Flaherty explains how ot move your corporation or LLC to a different state.
In this article, our Downers Grove corporate attorneys explain how to move your corporation or LLC to another state. We explain when a company is required to file as a foreign corporation in Illinois. We discuss whether it makes sense for your Corporation or LLC to file a foreign registration. Finally, our Downers Grove corporate lawyers explain some of your options if you are a multi-state corporation or LLC.
We host regular networking events and seminars that help our business clients gain vital connections and deepen their roots in the community. We also host power groups in which our clients and referral partners can meet regularly to exchange ideas and work together to overcome obstacles to success.
At O'Flaherty Law, we are so much more than your business attorney. We are your trusted adviser, invested in your business' success on every level. In our weekly podcast & videocast, which has been ranked #2 on iTunes' New and Noteworthy List for Management & Marketing Podcasts, Kevin O’Flaherty and Scott Mathis plunge into the mind of a successful business owner to discuss lessons that he or she has learned in the course of business in order to help our audience learn from his or her experience. We then delve into an in-depth discussion of our weekly business topic. This is one way he helps our business clients gain exposure to a broader audience.