In this article and videoblog, our Will County trust lawyers explain how trusts can be used in your estate plan to:
- appoint loved ones to fiduciary positions;
- arrange for the distribution of your assets according to your wishes after you pass;
- avoid a costly and time-consuming probate case when you pass;
- avoid costly guardianship proceedings if you become mentally incompetent; and
- relieve the emotional burden on your loved ones for end-of-life decisions.
Revocable and irrevocable trusts are also critical for accomplishing specialized goals which you can read about in the full article by our Will County will and trust attorneys.