How to Request a Discharge from a Mental Health Facility in Illinois

There are a few steps to become a voluntary patient in a mental health facility.  You must make a written request on a form that will be provided by the facility, and the facility must accept and admit you into their care.  A private mental health facility will only accept you as a voluntary patient if the staff decides you need inpatient care and must be admitted.

Schedule a Free Consultation

DuPage Divorce Attorneys

To schedule a free consultation at our offices in

Downers Grove,



Lake in the Hills,

Tinley Park, and

Downers Grove

St. Charles


If our office locations are not convenient for you, we are happy to meet with you anywhere in Chicagoland that you find convenient.  

We are also happy to speak with you by phone.  ​​​

View our other law categories

Illinois legal tipsDuPage Divorce AttorneyNaperville Divorce attorneyFamily Law Attorney DuPage County IllinoisDuPage County Family LawyerNaperville family lawyer

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Oflaherty law