What Rights Do You Have if You are Arrested in Downers Grove?
This article by our Downers Grove traffic legal team covers the rights you have if you are arrested in Downers Grove. Learn about what a warrant is, what happens if the police suspect you of unlawful activity, how criminal charges are processed, and how criminal bonds work. Your rights include:
- The right to remain silent.
- The right to be informed of the evidence and witness statements against you
- The right to a jury or judge for trial
- The right to testify or refuse to testify
- The right to appeal convictions
- The right to refuse DNA samples unless ordered to do so by a judge.
Read the full article by our Downers Grove traffic lawyers explaining your rights if you are arrested.
For this video, Downers Grove traffic lawyer Kevin O'Flaherty discusses the criminal process, warrants, criminal charges, bonds, and stop and frisk laws.