In this article, our Chicago landlord-tenant lawyers explain the Illinois eviction process. Preceding an eviction, proper steps must be adhered to including:
- 5 days for failure to pay rent;
- 10 days for violation of other lease terms; and.
- 30 days for routine termination of a month-to-month lease
Once the proper notice is drafted it must be served upon the tenant in one of three ways:
- hand delivery;
- certified mail return receipt requested;
- posting the notice on the door of the property;