In this article, our McHenry county trust lawyers explain how wills and trusts can be used to ensure that your assets are properly distributed according to your wishes when you pass. Ensuring the proper distribution of assets is a particular important consideration if:
- You are divorced with minor children;
- You are estranged from a family member;
- You want your church or favorite charity to receive some of your assets;
- You want some of your assets to pass to someone outside of your immediate family;
- You want your wishes to control over how your assets are distributed or used for your children's benefit for a period of time after you pass.