Our Illinois elder law attorneys discuss some of the common goals that our clients accomplish through estate plan. Our Illinois elder lawyers guide our clients through the process of:
- Using revocable living trusts to ensure your estate doesn't require costly probate court in order to distriubte your assets when you pass.
- Using trusts and wills to appoint executors and trustees to protect, manage and distribute your assets according to your wishes.
- Using healthcare and property powers of attorney to ensure guardian proceedings won't be necessary if you become mentally incompetent.
- Using a living will to make end of life decisions.
We also discuss several more specialized goals, such as:
- Avoiding estate taxes
- Planning for a loved one with special needs
- Protecting your assets from creditors; and
- planning for long term care.
Our Illinois elder law attorneys know that no two clients have the exact same goals. We work with each client to create the best plan to eliminate stress and worry in your golden years.