In this article, our Dupage County attorneys give detailed explanations to everything you need to know about the adoption process in Illinois, including
- Types of adoptions cases in Illinois, such as related, agency, private standby, and adoptions of an adult.
- Requirements and eligibility adoptive parents need to meet
- Who are adoption eligible individuals
- The biological parents' voluntary and involuntary termination of parental rights
- Examples and descriptions of the adoption process including filing the petition of adoptions, Interim hearing orders, adoption investigation, as well as preparing for the final adoption hearing as well as
- Information regarding the amendment of the adoptive child's birth certificate