In this article, our Rock Island child custody lawyers discuss the factors Rock Island courts consider when determining child custody and related issues.These include:
- Wishes of the parents and of the children
- The Relationships between the parents and the children
- The child's adjustment to his or her home, school, and community
- The mental and physical health of both the parents and the child;
- Whether abuse has occurred either to the child or to any other person;
- Whether the parents have the ability to cooperate;
- The living situation of the parents; and
- Whether either of the parents is a sex offender.
Every child custody case is different, with many aspects that Rock Island child custody courts must decide on. For more information, read the full article by our Rock Island child custody attorneys about the factors Rock Island courts consider in determining child custody issues.