In this article, our Wheaton child custody attorneys discuss the following factors and how Illinois courts attempt to weigh these issues into their child custody judgments.
- The wishes of the parents;
- The wishes of the child;
- The interactions and the relationships between the parents and the child;
- The child's adjustment to his or her home, school, and community;
- The mental and physical health of both the parents and the child;
- Whether abuse has occurred either to the child or to any other person;
- Whether the parents have the ability to cooperate;
- The living situation of the parents; and
- Whether either of the parents is a sex offender.
No child custody matter is the same. Ensure you have the information you need to make informed decisions and put your Wheaton child custody cases in the best possible position to succeed.